Smallest hook & line catches

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

There was talk in another thread of having an ongoing contest for the smallest specimen of each species caught hook & line. If someone wants to judge the photos and keep track of the records, I'm all for it! I'll leave that up to someone else though. In the meantime, feel free to post your photos of the smallest specimen you've personally caught hook & line. Keep it to species that normally wouldn't be thought of as microfishing targets.

Largemouth Bass - caught in Wisconsin in 2013 with a Tanago Half Moon hook baited with a piece of nightcrawler
Posted Image

Rock Bass - caught in Wisconsin in 2012 with a #20 hook baited with a piece of nightcrawler
Posted Image

Green Sunfish - caught in Wisconsin in 2013 with a Tanago Half Moon hook baited with a piece of nightcrawler
Posted Image

Longear Sunfish - caught in Missouri in 2012 with a Tanago Half Moon hook baited with a piece of nightcrawler
Posted Image

Grass Pickerel - caught in Illinois in 2012 with a #20 hook baited with a piece of nightcrawler
Posted Image

Bluegill - caught in Japan in 2012 with a #26 hook baited with half a grain of rice
Posted Image

Threadsail Filefish - caught in Japan in 2012 with a Tanago Half Moon hook baited with a piece of shrimp
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

For this to work, people need a ruler, tape measure, something. Foreign or Merican currency just will not work.

#3 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Long before Americans began microfishing Japanese tanago fishermen have been trying to catch the "one yen" fish. Gotta allow the one yen coin as a unit of measure. :)

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Okay, measure the coin. But how many will actually have one? Still seems like a no go.

#5 Guest_rndouglas_*

Guest_rndouglas_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

I had a coin!

Last night I caught this ~38mm Slender Madtom, the smallest fish I've caught on hook-and-line to date.

Posted Image

#6 Guest_Outdoors4life_*

Guest_Outdoors4life_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Personal goals and accomplishements are the most important and the reason I got into fishing for minnows. Not for a number of species caught but to widen my personal skills.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users