Looking for a Nice Photograph of Bluegill Spawning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_centrarchid_*

Guest_centrarchid_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

I am trying to generate a nice impact statement to be submitted to politicians and the USDA. It indicates what we are doing with bluegill as a food-fish. In it and in other venues we frequently stress values of native species and at times indicate such natives need to be conserved for among other reasons because they may have value (economic best when considering the audience) to future generations. The fluff factor needs to be enhanced with pictures that catch eye and require a little explanation enriching the viewers learning experience. Best option is showing bluegill spawning on a nest, preferable up close. I though I had that nailed until it was noticed all photographs where with fish spawning into black plastic oil pans purchased at Walmart. If left to the Editor, then image is likely to come from the National Archive which is kind of a dead end link. If someone had a nice image I could use from either in air or under water, then NANFA could be cited. They prefer authors provide images. Can anyone help with this?

#2 Guest_bbrown_*

Guest_bbrown_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Not of bluegill spawning, but would any of these help? If so I'm happy to provide originals.

Attached Files

#3 Guest_centrarchid_*

Guest_centrarchid_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yes, I like the second image a lot. Picture shows action and fish coming towards viewer. They look like coppernose bluegill. Was image taken in a spring? Could I use it.

#4 Guest_bbrown_*

Guest_bbrown_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

We'd be delighted if you could use it.
It was taken in a spring. I have a couple pics from this location, I'll put them on a sd card or upload them soon. I see your in MO, any chance your going to be at the SEAFWA meeting in OK this week?

#5 Guest_centrarchid_*

Guest_centrarchid_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

No, midterm exams and grant writing have me very much tied down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users