Native Fish of the Midwest presentation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_irshprncsk_*

Guest_irshprncsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

Hi everyone, I just *officially* joined NANFA though I've been on the forum since 08. I unfortunately live in a state (WA) where collecting is illegal but I grew up on the south side of Chicago before moving to northern WI where I majored in Natural Resources Management. I worked with USFWS (fisheries office and wildlife refuge) for 3 years until funding for my position dried up and I had to switch professions. I also moved to southern IL (just across from KY) for 9 months before moving to OR and now WA. Anyway, in my time in the midwest I was always catching things in the water since I was old enough to walk, and once I started doing trawl surveys and seeing all the "rough fish" we didn't routinely fish for in my youth, I became interested in keeping them in aquariums. The last few times I've gone back to visit in IL I've gone collecting and documented my trips, and when I was approached by the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society to give a talk on native fish I put together my experiences into this presentation. I hope the video is enjoyable!
-Kat

#2 Guest_cyfan964_*

Guest_cyfan964_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for posting! I look forward to watching this when I have some free time!

#3 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

This is fantastic! I hope this gets stickied! Thank you!

#4 Guest_Ken_*

Guest_Ken_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Enjoyed your presentation very much. Thank you!

#5 Guest_Erica Lyons_*

Guest_Erica Lyons_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

Thank you for sharing! I shared with my local club.

Edit:
One thing. Madtoms don't stay less than three inches. http://forum.nanfa.o...tom-fish-eater/

#6 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yup, that was my one thought tha contradicted what you said. I had a stone cat growing an inch a month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users