How to use tippet connectors

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cyfan964_*

Guest_cyfan964_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Can someone give me some more information on tippet connectors?

I recently purchased these:

http://www.tenkarabu...connectors.html

To help tying snelled hooks to my main line. I apparently am an idiot though and can't even figure out how they work with the diagram.

You attach your main line to the large eye... that much I've gathered. Does the tippet stay connected or is it just a tool to tie the two together? Can anyone explain to me (in easy terms) how I'm supposed to use this thing?!

#2 Guest_cyfan964_*

Guest_cyfan964_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Annnnd I think I figured it out. The connector definitely stays connected. The snelled line just loops around it a couple times and makes a snug fit so you don't have to tie any knots. I like it!!

#3 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

Sounds like you've figured them out. The owner of Tenkarabum is on the forums here btw. His handle is CMStewart.

Looking forward to your fishing reports this spring! Can't wait for the creeks to open and start to warm up a few degrees.

#4 Guest_kirbylfth_*

Guest_kirbylfth_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

glad to see you've figured it out, I haven't tied a Snell in a year seems like, definitely ready to get back out on the water. happy fishing and good luck bud.

#5 Guest_cyfan964_*

Guest_cyfan964_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Sounds like you've figured them out. The owner of Tenkarabum is on the forums here btw. His handle is CMStewart.

Looking forward to your fishing reports this spring! Can't wait for the creeks to open and start to warm up a few degrees.

You and me both! We're supposed to be getting some 50 degree days here in Iowa this coming week. I'm hoping some of this damn snow melts! I'm itching to get out there.

glad to see you've figured it out, I haven't tied a Snell in a year seems like, definitely ready to get back out on the water. happy fishing and good luck bud.

Thanks! Yeah I've messed around with tying snells for a while! This is incredibly easier... Hopefully they work as well as I think they are going to!

#6 Guest_gzeiger_*

Guest_gzeiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

Tenkarabums has some really good hooks. At least they look good. I also haven't had a chance to actually try them yet, but I'm excited about it. I'm going to try to catch stickleback on bloodworms.

#7 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

Tenkarabums has some really good hooks. At least they look good. I also haven't had a chance to actually try them yet, but I'm excited about it. I'm going to try to catch stickleback on bloodworms.

Yup, and Chris takes good care of his customers. Start off with the presnelled Owner New Half Moon hooks. Probably 90% or more of my micro catches are using them.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users