Kepner Creek Sampling Trip

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

I'm organizing a sampling trip to Kepner Creek in Montgomery County in SE PA. Kepner is a PA approved Trout Stream that I have sampled several times in the past and have come across some interesting finds. Last summer I sampled a stretch that had so many crayfish that I felt bad walking through it because I know I had to be stepping on them. And there are of course the usual suspects as far as Sunfish, Catfish, Cyprinids and Darter goes. Still haven't netted a Sculpin though......Ok, the trip is Sat April 12. We'll meet at Norristown Farm Park in East Norriton, in the parking lot off of the Germantown Pike entrance at 10 AM. It's right at the intersection of Germantown Pike and North Wales Rd. It will still be early in the season, so waders might be a good idea. This is a heavily patrolled stream, both by state wardens and a private organization which helps maintain it, so a PA fishing license is a must to anyone handling gear! For anyone coming who needs to get a license there is an agent less than a mile from the entrance we're meeting at. Bring a lunch, or there are plenty of food choices within 2 miles. Hope to see you there!

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

I can't make it, but make sure you share some photos and a report about it afterwards. I'd love to share that on Facebook.

#3 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Will do! I'll probably end up making a presentation out of the trip that I can give at local aquarium societies.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users