Goby ID?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mzungu_*

Guest_Mzungu_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hi. I have been looking around for a couple of weeks now, but I'm still not 100% sure of what these guys are. I know there are SOOO many species of goby out there, and it's tough, but I just want to provide them with what they need!

If anyone could help, or direct me to someone who can, that would be wonderful. Thanks so much!

I found them in an LFS here in Houston, TX. This particular store pulls all the natives/other fish from their feeder shipments and places them in their own tanks. These were swimming around with some sheepshead minnows, mollies, and gambusia. I'm not sure from where this store gets their feeders, but if that would help I could always call them and ask.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

They change color pattern often, switching from stripes to the splotchy pattern. These pictures are from the first day I got them, so the tank's a little cloudy and they're a little skinny!

Again, thanks for any help!

#2 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

Looks like the naked goby, Gobiosoma bosc, or a close relative.

#3 Guest_Mzungu_*

Guest_Mzungu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:02 AM

Thanks, dsmith. That's what I was thinking...definitely a gobiosoma. I just wanted to be able to confirm this because I'm in the process of acclimating them to brackish and want to be sure that's what they need. :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users