Photo

Help with Tennessee Snorkeling Locations

4 replies to this topic

#1 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

My route to the convention will take me through the entire length of southern Tennessee from west to east. I plan to try to leave several days early so I can stop and snorkel along the way. I would really appreciate any information on good snorkeling spots in western and central TN (Casper has me covered for eastern TN). I'm looking for spots with at least 2-3 feet of clarity (but the more the better) and colorful/interesting fish species - especially things that I don't have in AR and won't see in NC. I know I'll be crossing the Duck drainage which has a lot of neat species. I won't be doing any sampling/collecting - just snorkeling. If you aren't comfortable sharing the location on a public forum then feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

Thank you to those who sent me PMs with good TN snorkeling spots. I'm all set now. I didn't want it to appear like I didn't get any help from the fine folks here at NANFA.

#3 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

My aunt has frontage on the Clinch near Thornhill. She would let you access the river, and probably let you camp there, or crash in the barn. There is also a beautiful creek just 1/4 mile from her property. Get with me if interested. She is cool with people staying on the farm, as it was in the past a large tomato farm, and they had migrant workers staying there all summer long. PM me if interested. I will give her a heads up, and give you her number.

#4 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for the offer, Matt. At this point, I probably don't have time to fit it in - at least on the way there. I'll be in Chattanooga with Casper on Tuesday, and I already have a good snorkel site for Wednesday morning on the way to the convention (that's when I will be passing close to Thorn Hill). I think I would rather arrive at the convention site in the early afternoon then add in another site and get there late. I'll keep it in mind, though.

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

No skin off my nose either way, just pm me for my number if you want, and if you want to stop there, give me a call. I will hook you up with my hippie aunt. She will probably feed you too. Vegetarian of course.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users