Rules for collecting out of state?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_QuoVadis_*

Guest_QuoVadis_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

So my husband and I will be going to PA for a wedding, and we will be taking a scenic route back through WV and Kentucky. What are the rules for collecting fish if you are from out of state? Is it just the same as for someone from that state? If I'm allowed to, I'd love to try to catch something cool that I can't find at home!

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Typically you have to buy a license, and follow state law. Beyond that, you need to look into the particular laws of the states you want to fish in.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

If I remember right, Kentucky was pretty straight forward... just needed a valid out of state fishing license (I think I bought one that was good for 5 days or something)... and of course you need to be aware of any fish with special status that you might encounter. I know this is true in several other states as well... current valid out of state fishing license allows you to collect some bait fish with a seine or dipnet.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

If I remember right, Kentucky was pretty straight forward... just needed a valid out of state fishing license (I think I bought one that was good for 5 days or something)... and of course you need to be aware of any fish with special status that you might encounter. I know this is true in several other states as well... current valid out of state fishing license allows you to collect some bait fish with a seine or dipnet.

Yup, in KY you just need a fishing license. Also, please look into the fish you may encounter and be aware that KY has many T&E fish.

#5 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

PA you need a non-resident license. There are several different ones good for varying lengths of time. PA is very liberal in its regulations with one glaring exception. Seines are limited to 4' x 4' maximum, or as I call it "a PA postage stamp".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users