Two Field Assistants Needed for Fishes of Ohio Inventory and Distribution Project

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

My field assistant for the past three years is moving on to a new job. He has done such a great job that I am sad to see him go but it is a good opportunity for him in a more permanent situation. This means we are looking to hire 2 people to replace him from July 1 through the end of October. These are full time temporary positions to help me conduct field sampling for the Fishes of Ohio inventory and Distribution project. Pay is $11-13 per hour and when we travel overnight your food and lodging is covered. Much of this work will be using benthic trawls on the Ohio River but there will be other various species specific collecting trips around the state of Ohio using various types of gear. We are flexible on the end date because we know applicants are likely to be college students and may need to return to school before the end of Oct. If your are in a situation where you could take off the fall semester that would be ideal. I guarantee you will learn a lot of sampling methods and fish identification from this experience and it will serve you well if you plan to go into a fisheries career in the future, may be well worth delaying graduation by a semester. If interested please contact me for more details at Zimmerman.205 at osu.edu and I will send you the full job announcement. Experience using seines or other sampling gear and some fish id skills is preferred but not necessarily a requirement.

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

Giving you a bump; didn't mean to post on top of you, Brian.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users