Darter video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

I tried making underwater videos today. Most ended up a blur of high speed motion. But I did manage to get footage of a darter (very poor quality). A tesselate of course. First time I saw one while snorkling in a place I never seen them before. Sorry alot of the video is a blur of motion (earlier in the film the darter is barely visible at all between that and camoflage). One thing I learned was movement with underwater video leads to high speed confusing images you cannot focus on. Due to most of my filming being while in motion I needed to download and learn a video editor to cut it to something usable.

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

Tessies can be pretty tough to keep an eye on even when you aren't trying to keep them in frame, in moving water!

Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Glad to see you are out there snorkeling and giving the old video thing a try. The more people that snorkel the better in my way of thinking. Seeing the fish in the natural habitat is the best. And yes, its amazing how much harder video is underwater when you are trying to track something small.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

I don't do this, so have little to add, but what type of equipment are you using Josh? I suspect that makes a big difference. The snorkel guys could certainly set you in the right direction.

#5 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

I don't do this, so have little to add, but what type of equipment are you using Josh? I suspect that makes a big difference. The snorkel guys could certainly set you in the right direction.

My camera is a Sealife DC 1400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users