Peace River (Arcadia Area) highlights?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stickbow_*

Guest_Stickbow_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

I have the species lists for Peace River, but would like anyone's input on special things to look for - what's super common, what's super common but rare elsewhere, what would I be lucky to find (other than the megalodon teeth my wife is hoping for)?

We'll be on the river for a couple of days paddling and grubbing around for shark's teeth, returning any fossils we find since I waited too long to get permits, and I plan on having my net/camera/photo tank with me, even if I don't think I'll bring anything home.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

According to the Florida Collecting Guide (3rd Edition 2009), they see pretty much the typical florida stuff including... F. chrysotus, F. seminolis, H. formosa, J. floridae, P. laitpinna, T. maculatus, Gambusia, some sunfish, some exotics
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_Stickbow_*

Guest_Stickbow_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Still waiting on my FL Collecting guide; Charles has said they're waiting to go to the printers, pretty much. I got the full watershed list from fishmap.org and have dug through fishbase.

Because I don't have the last (or any edition), was there a specific spot around Arcadia, FL they collected?

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Sent you a PM about the dead fish in jars database.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users