NANFA FaceBook - NANFA Forum - NANFA FaceBook

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

I have been learning Facebook over the last year or so and see that there are 2 NANFA FaceBook sites and are quite active. Many pictures and activities are posted by NANFA members there but not here on the forum.
Why are there 2 NANFA Facebook sites?
There are other Facebook sites as well such as Native Fish of the Southeast, In Seine Creek Stomping and a few fringe sites.
Wondering.

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

This was addressed back when I created the NANFA FB account, several times maybe.

1. There is an official NANFA FB account. This is NANFA posting outwards to FB. This is where we are relaying information to followers from NANFA. Just like if you follow Moonpies on Facebook. They relay information out to FB about Moonpies. You can respond and join them, but likely cannot post onto their page.

2. There is a NANFA group page where people can post in to the group. The group page is basically a forum on Facebook. Members can post questions/photos/etc... and others can respond. Again, it's basically a forum.

Yes, there are other personal sites. I have one for my webpage, KY Creeks. These are pages that belong to particular people and not official NANFA pages. I use my KY Creeks page to promote NANFA and to share things that are Kentucky related. I do not try to take the place of NANFA. I hope the others do the same.

#3 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Josh...

I took another look at both FaceBook sites last night and understand it a bit better now. I had observed an extensive conversation on the NANFA Group Page a month or so ago and was trying to understand the differences between the 2 sites. I have seen that a lot of members do not post here but do so on the FaceBook Group Page. Facebook appears to be one of the most common ways to discuss just about anything. Hopefully people interested in North America's Native Fishes will become NANFA members and contributors, especially as we have ongoing expenses and financial commitments.
Today there are several ways to offer information to the public about our native fishes.
There was recent, several months ago, discussions here on the forum about updating NANFA's website. NANFA.org is another great tool for information access but it does not allow dialog which i believe humans crave. NANFA.org is more a static resource, but extensive and searchable. And it does harbor our online store for NANFA goods which yield some funds to continue our outreach.

Before the NET there were only books, phonecalls and handmade photocopies of American Currents. We have come a long way.

#4 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm not sure who made the NANFA group page. I was put in as a moderator, but it was created before our Page account. Myself and Derek Wheaton run the Page account for now. My goal is just to relay information about the group, native fish, and hopefully bring in more members.

I'm always looking for content, so if anyone has anything they want me to share on facebook via NANFA, please let me know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users