Photo

Upper MO River District Ruling on Arctic Grayling; Success Story or Snowjob?

6 replies to this topic

#1 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Arctic grayling is at the very top of my bucket list o' wild fish I want to see in person and catch on hook and line. Is this decision a good one? I really lack experience, reading, and savvy to form an opinion without consulting my "wisers".

http://www.fws.gov/m...ionUnderESA.php
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

On my bucket list as well. I am not sure if this is good or not. But if they don't meet the criteria, then they don't need protection according to the powers that be. Right or wrong. However it is pretty encouraging that their numbers have more than doubled in 8 years. I may still get to catch one on a fly.

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

I'd like to think it's a success story. Alaska is a bucket list destination for me, so hopefully I'll be able to combine a trip there with grayling on line and in hand. (I'm primitive though; I'll be slinging spinners.)

BTW, since you and I have fun observing the use and misuse of the English language, I'm surprised you took the high road concerning the way I put those first two sentences in my post together. I gather you think it's a good decision...
Matt Knepley

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Deleted a couple here. One was mine, and as I suspected I made a bad choice with a post that was a bit political. Sorry

#5 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Dang, I always miss the good stuff...

Matt Knepley

#6 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

FWS actions and decisions on species protections, or not, are inherently political; If we ignore them because talking about them is "not nice", this whole Forum become much less interesting and relevant; we'll have to stick to how many LMB can be stocked in 10 gallon tanks, etc.

#7 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

FWS actions and decisions on species protections, or not, are inherently political; If we ignore them because talking about them is "not nice", this whole Forum become much less interesting and relevant; we'll have to stick to how many LMB can be stocked in 10 gallon tanks, etc.

I couldn't agree more Bruce.
I would have gotten edited for that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users