possible goby ID

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FishyJackson_*

Guest_FishyJackson_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

Whats up guys, its that time again. Fishy Jackson has caught a fresh new unidentified sea animal.

I was trying to catch a Feather Blenny or anything random that was hiding in the marina and I caught this. I read that Feather Blenny, Naked Goby and Seaweed Blenny are the common species in New York but I think this is something different.

Attached Files

• Attached File  goby.jpg   35.61KB   1 downloads

#2 Guest_zooxanthellae_*

Guest_zooxanthellae_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

Whats up guys, its that time again. Fishy Jackson has caught a fresh new unidentified sea animal.

I was trying to catch a Feather Blenny or anything random that was hiding in the marina and I caught this. I read that Feather Blenny, Naked Goby and Seaweed Blenny are the common species in New York but I think this is something different.

First thing that comes to mind is a wrasse known as a "cunner". Do you have any other pictures?

#3 Guest_FishyJackson_*

Guest_FishyJackson_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Wow I can't believe it's likely just a bergall. Now that I look at it again I can tell by the fins it;s not a Goby, and based on that spot on the dorsal I guess it is just a cunner/bergall. Ive caught small bergalls that look different than this before, this has to be the biggest letdown of my microfishing career haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users