Change of plans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brannon67

brannon67
  • NANFA Guest
  • USA

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Ok, guys, I was going to get the Olympus underwater housing for my PL-1 Camera, but my mistake was going to BestBuy the other day, and finding the Sony A-6000 down another $100, which made it $599.00. I could not resist for 18 months financing. Now I just need to save up and get a good housing for it(another wad of cash) Ha. My wife is a great photographer, and needed a good land camera, with lenses, so I gave her my PL-1. Cant wait to get a housing, and get in the water and do some shooting....

#2 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

The A6000 is an excellent camera and a great value. It's among the best in image quality (besides full frame cameras), and it has good video as well. You might consider getting the relatively inexpensive Meikon housing for it until you can save up for a real housing system: http://www.ebay.com/...item2a4409904a. It has some quirks like only working with the 16-50mm lens and being unable to use the EVF, but it's close to 1/10th the price of a real housing system. I tried one of these with a NEX-5N. The housing quality is pretty good, considering the price. It could get you by for a little while.

#3 brannon67

brannon67
  • NANFA Guest
  • USA

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Oh yeah, I just posted a question about the MEIKON housing, so you have heard of it. I was wondering if its trustworthy or not.

#4 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

I would say they are trustworthy. I had no problems with mine when snorkeling. I have no experience taking these down to scuba depths, but I've read the buttons can get stuck if you go too deep. The biggest issue with these housings is that they don't offer various, interchangeable ports designed for different types of lenses, so your lens options are very limited. However, it's possible that one of the E-mount macro lenses would fit into the 16-50mm port. Also, I guess they have recently come out with a dome port (http://www.dansarosa...port-10808.html), so they may be moving towards offering a selection of interchangeable ports in the future.

#5 brannon67

brannon67
  • NANFA Guest
  • USA

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

Interesting, thanks for the info. I will look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users