Nothing to do with fish

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Though it is a shorebird. Myself and a friend went out to try and photo a massasauga yesterday. No luck on the snake, but we collected this Sora from the side of the road, obviously stunned from a collision with an automobile. I have it at home, and am getting electrolytes, and fluids into it. Hopefully it will recover from the concussion and be released shortly. I am not too optimistic, but what the heck. I know permits are required to rehabilitate wild life, but I am considering this a good samaritan act.

Just thought some might enjoy, as most of us are not only fish freaks, but also at least amateur naturalists. And you might just see this bird while dipnetting for mudminnows someday. :smile:

Attached Files

• Attached File  sora.jpg   55.28KB   0 downloads

#2 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:44 PM

Though it is a shorebird. Myself and a friend went out to try and photo a massasauga yesterday. No luck on the snake, but we collected this Sora from the side of the road, obviously stunned from a collision with an automobile. I have it at home, and am getting electrolytes, and fluids into it. Hopefully it will recover from the concussion and be released shortly. I am not too optimistic, but what the heck. I know permits are required to rehabilitate wild life, but I am considering this a good samaritan act.

Just thought some might enjoy, as most of us are not only fish freaks, but also at least amateur naturalists. And you might just see this bird while dipnetting for mudminnows someday. :smile:

Very cool. Best of luck with the little fella.

#3 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

Glad to hear you're helping the little guy, hope he pulls through. Thanks for posting as well, my interest in birds dates back farther then my interest in fish.

#4 Guest_Carl_*

Guest_Carl_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

Very cool that you are doing that. If it should die you should consider freezing it and donating it to a museum. I know one museum that could almost certainly use it. At least they're not a total waste that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users