limit on carp fishing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

just wondering if there is one I was at my lfp(local fishing pond) andI was catching carp by the dozen (and koi which some dumb pond owner dumped in there) so I was wondering if there is a limit to how many carp(or koi) you can have.

#2 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

just wondering if there is one I was at my lfp(local fishing pond) andI was catching carp by the dozen (and koi which some dumb pond owner dumped in there) so I was wondering if there is a limit to how many carp(or koi) you can have.

First, read your state's regulations. They should have the answer.

#3 Guest_Slasher_*

Guest_Slasher_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

I looked through the regulations on the link listed in this forum, and I found nothing. I would just get the phone number to the fish commission (or whatever it's called down there) and just ask. I'm sure they'll give you an easy, straight forward answer. My guess is either they're in the same category as baitfish, for which I didn't see anything either, or they consider them a pest and you can get rid of them in any number at will. I personally would do the latter nonetheless, but it's just smarter to follow the laws.

#4 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

South Carolina does not seem to impose any creel limit on carp from what I could find on their web site. It's not declared as a game fish species.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users