Photo

Looking for Mountain Redbelly Dace

13 replies to this topic

#1 Duckman77

Duckman77
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:17 PM

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this.

I have been waiting on Sach's to get in some more MRBD, but its almost July and they are still listed as out of stock.

Does anyone know where I can get some adult MRBD?

#2 osburni

osburni
  • NANFA Member
  • Greenbrier Valley, West Virginia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

Are you looking to buy them or collect them yourself?

#3 Duckman77

Duckman77
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

I would love to take the road trip and collect them myself, but that is not possible.  I am looking to buy them. 

#4 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

This belongs in the trading dock, but if I move it there, you won't be able to see it Jeremy, as it is a NANFA member only section. Elephant in room.

Also remember no fish sales of wild caught fish are allowed unless by licensed vendors. Trading fish and giving fish is acceptable.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#5 Duckman77

Duckman77
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

Ok.  Please delete.  Thanks!

#6 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:47 PM

No, please join our organization and support our mission and your passion. If not, I am leaving this anyway. It lets people know that there is a bit more here than meets the eye. Check the website out as well, and see the grants that we provide for native fish conservation. The newest grant allows members to nominate their personal favorite fish related conservation organization. Hopefully in the meantime you will find someone to barter with to get you some mountain redbelly dace.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#7 bsburns

bsburns
  • NANFA Guest
  • Northeast Pennsylvania

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:17 PM

Where is this trading dock located at? And how do I gain access to it?

#8 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

Most of the forum is open to all folks, NANFA members and guests alike. The trading dock is one of just a few sections of the forum open to NANFA members only. Becoming a full-fledged (and of course, dues paying) member is the only way to access the 'dock.

As Matt D said, check out the whole website. NANFA is not huge, but I venture to say we are known and respected nationally in many fishy circles. We are older than many realize, having been around since well before the personal computer era. And we are growing,too. Fresh faces and ideas are always encouraged. Our quarterly publication, American Currents, is very well done. Most of them consist primarily of member-generated content. Every issue is a little different, but they are all informative, and by my reckoning, fascinating. Our grant funding has recently increased. The national convention is the highlight of many members' years, every year. Numerous individual interests and passions find their genesis and the support to grow here.

So you can see our dues don't just go to the forum. They go to native fish, and the appreciation, study, and conservation of the same. I'm really proud of our not-so-ragtag band of enthusiasts. I hope it shows...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#9 bsburns

bsburns
  • NANFA Guest
  • Northeast Pennsylvania

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Thank you for the information. I've had an interest in local flora and fauna for many years, but I've just entered into the aquatic world. I'd like to find some people around me in north east pa that I can get to gether with and learn some of the finer points of this "more than hobby." This organisation is a wealth of information and I plan to join as a member ASAP.

#10 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Glad to hear you plan to join! Ed Bihary is our regional rep for PA, but he's way over in west PA, I believe. You can try pm-ing him, he may "know some people". Many of our members are a little forum shy, but hopefully we can get you in contact with some folks.
Matt Knepley

#11 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

Is "subrosa" (John) still around?  used to be active here ... he's in the Philly area and likes to get out in the creeks.  Check with the Bucks County Aquar Soc if you cant find him thru NANFA.

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#12 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

Is "subrosa" (John) still around?  used to be active here ... he's in the Philly area and likes to get out in the creeks.  Check with the Bucks County Aquar Soc if you cant find him thru NANFA.

Quick check on his profile looks like he has not logged in about two years.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#13 bsburns

bsburns
  • NANFA Guest
  • Northeast Pennsylvania

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Thanks guys, I'll send him a PM and see what happens

#14 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

Subrosa was also on some carnivorous plant forums. A quick look at the International Carnivorous Plant Society's forum http://icps.proboards.com/seems to indicate he ceased being active there at about the same time he last logged in here. But he is fond of the "Subrosa" user name. If you see that somewhere, it's likely him.
Matt Knepley

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users