Anyone interested in doing this?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leo1234

Leo1234
  • NANFA Member
  • san clemente, california

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

Does anyone want to breed Sacramento perch for people on here? I have found a source (a while ago) and since I'm not keeping large sunfish anymore, I was wondering if anyone would like some? This Is NOT official, but he said he MIGHT have them this October so I thought I might buy some to trade on here. I can't guarantee that I will get them. These are from a hatchery in California. The reason I don't have one yet is because he had a hard time looking for a new pair to breed.

#2 Sean Phillips

Sean Phillips
  • NANFA Member
  • Allegheny River Drainage, Southwest PA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

Wish I had tank space for a breeding group of them, such a cool sunfish. This seems like a project for Brian Zimmerman.
Sean Phillips - Pine Creek Watershed - Allegheny River Drainage

#3 Kanus

Kanus
  • Board of Directors

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

Man, that would be really really awesome to get some Archoplites in the hands of some skilled NANFA breeders. I've gotta ask, though, since my interest lies slightly off-topic...any idea if this person could get some Tule Perch to distribute legally?

Derek Wheaton

On a mountain overlooking the North Fork Roanoke River on one side, the New River Valley on the other, and a few minutes away from the James River watershed...the good life...

Enchanting Ectotherms

My Personal Facebook (mostly fish related, if you'd like to add me)

#4 Sean Phillips

Sean Phillips
  • NANFA Member
  • Allegheny River Drainage, Southwest PA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

Is this the same person that will possibly have Sacramento Blackfish as well? I'd be interested in one or two of those.
Sean Phillips - Pine Creek Watershed - Allegheny River Drainage

#5 Leo1234

Leo1234
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:37 PM

he has Sacramento blackfish and Sacramento perch. I don't think he has a way to get the Tule perch, but I can ask him. I will also look for more people that might have access to some West coast natives. 

The sacramento perch and blackfish will be for sale from them at 1-2". I can't get too many since shipping is $40 and the fish are $3.50 each from them. Even though the shipping will be the same for up to 100 fry, if I got 10, that would be $75 right there... of course I will be sending them for free ( the only thing I would need payment for is the shipping to the people who receive them)

#6 Leo1234

Leo1234
  • NANFA Member

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Just got this E-mail

"Does not look good. .Sacto blackfish too. My supplier did not pan out..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users