Photo

Back from Virginia

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ken

Ken
  • NANFA Member

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

Wife and sister in law gets to visit family..... check. Sister in law gets to see the ocean and Washington DC..... check. Ken gets to collect some beatiful fish 13 hours away from home..... skunked! Thanks Joaquin!!!! :dry: Wind, rain, and rising waters...... Then to top it off stopped dead by faulty rubber! Even though the weather conditions weren't the best Derek was still willing drive two hours to try and see if we could find a couple places to collect. Then came the dreaded phone call... a flat tire. I am just glad he was safe and was able to pull linto a rest area. Thanks again buddy for trying. We'll try again, hopefully soon..... :D

In Seine Creek Stomping

Admin: Percidae Husbandry; a Closed Facebook Group

#2 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

I hate that for you Ken, I sucks to be so far away and not get any fish.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#3 Ken

Ken
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

That's the chance you take...... Have to wait until next time..... [-o<

In Seine Creek Stomping

#4 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

That sucks Ken. Did you manage to get out at all? On the way to the Virginia conference I drove overnight through severe rain from
Schenectady NY with plans to stop near Lexington VA to try to find Long fin Darters. By morning light I could see the rivers and creeks were not safe but figured I might as well cross over a Mountain ridge and see if conditions were different. I lucked out and in the next valley the rain hadn't come and water levels normal. Unfortunately with hurricane rains that probably wouldn't be the case.
Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#5 Ken

Ken
  • NANFA Member

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

No Mike, I didn't get out at all. Derek was monitoring guages and we decided even though the wind was blowing and raining we would try a couple spots. But when his tire blew on the way down it put an end to that. I had briefly considered striking out on my own but quickly realized though I had a seine I had left the poles to save space for the luggage my wife and her sister brought along for the trip.... (couldn't have brought the poles if I wanted to  :blink: ) Lessons learned by all  of us with that one..... :blush:

In Seine Creek Stomping

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users