• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gobucksjb

gobucksjb
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

http://www.buildmyled.com/aquarium

A fellow coworker of mine showed me this website today.  His brother works at this company that manufactures custom LED lighting.  This website allows you to modify light spectrums for both saltwater and freshwater tanks, and is available for all tank sizes.  You also have the option of buying lighting patterns they have available, but thought this was particularly cool depending on what type of effect you are looking to get from your aquarium.  Check it out!

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

http://forum.nanfa.o...oject/?p=111786

This has been running successfully for two years... 

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, it's pretty easy to DIY this.  High power LED's do need a heat sink - it is helpful to keep that in mind.

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#4 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

This company gave a presentation at the RAS workshop weekend a couple years ago. An impressive list of variations available.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

#5 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

The sheer volume of LED's available these days is overwhelming.  I've been meaning to do some LED hoods, just haven't gotten a round TUIT.  I like fooling with electronics and stuff. I just ordered an Arduino (clone) board which I plan to play with for aquarium monitoring/sensing purposes.  Much cheaper than a Basic STAMP and open source too. 

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users