Photo

Ginne Springs Journey

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

Join me and my best friends on my longest video journey to date as we explore the waters of the Ginnie Springs Campground. Our exploration starts in the blue waters of Ginnie Springs. From there we begin our swim upstream along the banks of the Santa Fe river where the clear shallows meet the dark, tannin-filled waters of the deep river. Next we make our way into the clear waters of the Devil's Eye and Devil's Ear spring systems where we explore the spring sinks and swim with the turtles and fish of the springs. Finally, we retrace our steps down the river back to Ginnie Springs proper.

I know the video is LONG, but please stay with it. Watch it in spurts if you have to. I really enjoyed how the entire video showed a wonderful journey between a group of best friends, and I didn't want to break up the timeline. Enjoy!

FishGuyJosh

#2 sbtgrfan

sbtgrfan
  • NANFA Member
  • Charleston, SC

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

Awesome awesome video. springs are incredible. Those ledges and holes are fascinating. Thanks for sharing! Makes me want to go back to the Florida springs and dive them some more.
Stephen Beaman
Freshwater Aquarist
South Carolina Aquarium
Charleston, SC

#3 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

Great video! I thoroughly enjoyed it. The transition between the spring and river water is interesting, as is diving down into the rocky spring vents. And I always enjoy seeing lush aquatic vegetation. You guys had fun with those turtles. I counted around 11-12 species of fish. It was neat to see that lined/russetfin topminnow, and hogchokers are always fun.

#4 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

Thanks! Glad you guys liked it! We definitely had fun filming it.

FishGuyJosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users