American Aquarium Fishes (Goldstein) & other Pubs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

Robert J. Goldstein (Bob), my employer and friend for the past 30-ish years,  is retiring and selling his office.  We've got several boxes of his book American Aquarium Fishes (2000, Texas A&M Univ Press).  $25. each, 2 for $45. or $20 each for 3+ (plus shipping).  We've also got various other fish-related books and periodicals including several years of Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, Copeia, World Aquaculture Society, etc.  I (Gerald) will make a list of everything and post it here when I get a chance. 

He's also got a vast collection of fish parasites and larval fish on microscope slides, plus preserved specimens in vials (several decades old) if anybody has a use for those (Free).  And at least a dozen slide carousels and binders full of fish and parasite slides (mostly Kodachrome slides).  All of this stuff is currently in Raleigh NC.

Contact me either via PM on this forum or by email: GPottern at  RJGA  carolina .com (no spaces)

Also, anybody need a ~20 yr old Fisher Scientific Incubator, Model 307 ?  We used it for bioassay testing with Ceriodaphnia and fathead minnows.

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#2 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:53 PM

Gerald, I'm interested in the parasite microscope slides. Can they be shipped?

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#3 WheelsOC

WheelsOC
  • NANFA Member

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

I can't recommend the book enough! It's extremely comprehensive in terms of species covered.

I'm tempted to buy some copies just to donate to my county library system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users