Photo

The Fish Nerds Cover NANFA!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

In case anyone missed it, the Fish Nerds Podcast released their special NANFA episode recorded live during our fishy fellowship. Myself and James Frank will also be working on a NANFA-centric piece for the show based on audio recordings I took later during the convention.

http://www.fishnerds...sh-association/

The link allows you to listen to the show directly from their website. However, you can also find them on iTunes or listen to them on your smartphone using Sticher. Enjoy!

FishGuyJosh

#2 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

you can also find them in the Podcasts in Google Play Music:

https://play.google....Fishing_Podcast

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

Dang, I may have to git hooked up on these here MyFaces and SpaceBooks and Cheeps and whatnot. That's pretty cool!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Nice!

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#5 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

Make sure you listen to the end or you'll miss the true stars of the show.

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#6 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:36 PM

You guys like beavers.I can't believe you like them too. Great job guys, wish I had been able to make it.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#7 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

Ugh, I hope I don't actually sound that nasal.

#8 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

I listened to whole nerdy show last night and was well entertained.  Josh sounded great.  I remember when Josh welcomed us to the NH NANFA Convention and he had a great welcoming speech.  It was fast, thorough and long winded.  When he stopped to catch his breath, as he paused someone responded... "What's the matter... did you run out of gas!"

:)

Great show guys.  I enjoyed the visit, lobster 3 ways and multiple plunges into the River of Lampreys.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#9 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:42 AM

I had the basic gist of the speech last may and worked on the details since. It'd have been better if I was more awake. I covered the basics that despite  nay sayers it is important to cover every region of North America and no place is bad due to low diversity, etc. Climate change, etc. I am quite proud of my "from the mouth of the Mackenzie to the Panama Canal, from the Aleutians to the Bahamas" speech. (why the Mackenzie and not Ellsmere Island, Baffin Bay, or the Arctic Ocean? I always found the Mackenzie neat as it is the northernmost range of Great Lakes/Mississippi species and also flowing north to the home of arctic species). I'd have paced it better if I was less tired.

#10 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

Josh...

You should type the welcoming speech into a text format and provide it to whoever is going to write an account of the convention for American Currents.  You gave it a lot of thought.  Good job.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users