Aquarium writers - state of the market?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

OK, so it's been many moons since I have written anything for A/C, and MANY more since I wrote anything for a mainstream hobby publication.  Don Dewey is gone, Herbert Axelrod has fled to Brazil in disgrace - dunno about John Dawes.  Now I hear Bowtie has gone belly up.  In other words, all my old contacts in the aquarium publishing field are gone. 

SO, if I wanted to present articles on natives to the greater public (greater than A/C, I mean, plus I like getting paid), where would I turn?  Someone recommended Advanced Aquarists Online,  but it appears to me that they have few articles there, and those are 95% reef oriented.  I don't know anybody at TFH any more - is that the only remaining viable outlet??

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#2 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Martin, you should investigate Amazonas Magazine. They occasionally include articles about natives.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

#3 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Harry, after talking to some of the writers who were well known in the 80's and 90's (before the death of printed aquarium literature), I have decided to focus on beefing up the content of the NANFA website.  There's lots of club news there, but for the average guy looking for info on keeping natives, it's really not much of a resource.  Chris has written a bunch of short articles, and there's the Fish in Focus, but I can't say that our website is THE go-to place for info on natives. 

Amazonas was mentioned as a possible outlet, and I may do something for them in order to reach a broader audience.  But for me, right now, I am on a mission. 

You've been a NANFA member for as long as I can remember - would you be interested in writing something for the website??

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users