Help! Iwaki pump repair...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

OK, so this pump goes to my native tank (obligatory relevance per forum guidelines).  The run capacitor on my Iwaki pump was destroyed in an electrical storm, and I have having ZERO luck finding a replacement despite my awesome google skills.  The specs are as follows in case you can't read them from the photo:  5uf, 250V 

I have found a ceiling fan cap that is wired (as opposed to spade terminals), which I could use, but I really would like a direct replacement if I can find one.

Attached Files

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#2 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hey Martin,

I've dealt with a lot of Iwaki's and although getting new ones have never come out of my personal budget, I've also never heard of anyone replacing the capacitor.  It sounds doable, though.  My guess is checking with a local electrical supply company/online vendor.  The part shouldn't be very expensive, but if you're having a hard time sourcing one, it might just be easier to buy a new one.  

Nick L.

#3 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

Check digikey.com part # 493-3780-ND.

#4 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

Check digikey.com part # 493-3780-ND.

Looks like that one would work...I'm gonna order it.

#5 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hey Martin,

I've dealt with a lot of Iwaki's and although getting new ones have never come out of my personal budget, I've also never heard of anyone replacing the capacitor.  It sounds doable, though.  My guess is checking with a local electrical supply company/online vendor.  The part shouldn't be very expensive, but if you're having a hard time sourcing one, it might just be easier to buy a new one.  

I tried everything I could think of (even Grainger didn't have it).  BTW, replacing the run capacitor is no big deal.  And WAYYY cheaper than a new pump!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users