breeding bloodworms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

any idea my monsquito raiseing buckets have got a huge number of blood worms and I have been trying to breed them so anyperson that has I want to know what set up they had for them so I can do my best to getsome baby bloodworms for my baby bluefin killies or any other fry I might have

#2 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

any idea my monsquito raiseing buckets have got a huge number of blood worms and I have been trying to breed them so anyperson that has I want to know what set up they had for them so I can do my best to getsome baby bloodworms for my baby bluefin killies or any other fry I might have

I'm not sure I understand your question..

If your getting bloodworms in your Mosquito buckets you are breeding them (sort of)..If you need smaller sizes sift them after collection from the buckets.

#3 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

Bloodworms are a midge larvae. Therefore the adult bloodworm looks very similar to a mosquito. A flying insect. Robert, your mom will get very angry if you try to breed these critters indoors! Therefor the best thing you can do is just what you are doing, and harvest the live bloodworms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users