are you going to the convention

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: are you going to the convention (14 member(s) have cast votes)

also what are you planing on keeping at the convention

1. yes (10 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. no (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. you mean the one in texas next year? (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

lets hear it

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

lets hear it

I don't plan on taking anything home, but who knows what will strike my fancy. I just like seeing my friends and getting in the water.

#3 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

I'm only planning on taking a couple of blackbanded sunfish if we find enough of them.

#4 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:55 AM

I'll be taking hundreds and hundreds of.................................
Spoiler

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yes, I am aslo going, and plan to rape the streams. In fact I will be the one with five gallon buckets strapped all over his body. I have a ten gallon tank cycled and ready for all the fish I am bringing back. Think I can keep 1000 cyprinids in a ten gallon during acclimation. I will do weekly 10% water changes. Well if that will not work..........
I just might be going to meet new people, and see old friends.

#6 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

I am not as ambitious as Matt and Uland. I was only thinking scores. See you there.

Will somebody be posting a list of the planned trips, and the likely species that may be found on each trip?

#7 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

Will somebody be posting a list of the planned trips, and the likely species that may be found on each trip?

Last I talked to Fritz and Gerald, the trip details aren't planned yet. I think they are trying to figure out how many people are going so they can plan the appropriate number of trips so not too many people are on individual trips. 20-30 people on a single stream would be a debacle. The species have been mentioned already in previous posts. I'm just guessing, but it seems that water within 2 hours of Greensboro is fair game.

#8 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

Banded sunnies. four max.

#9 Guest_bflowers_*

Guest_bflowers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

lets hear it

I am planning on taking 6 -8 of a couple of spieces. What type depends on what is the most common. Wouldn't mind some Fieryblacks. My son will want some Madtoms for sure.

Bill F.

#10 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

I am planning on taking 6 -8 of a couple of spieces. What type depends on what is the most common. Wouldn't mind some Fieryblacks. My son will want some Madtoms for sure.

Bill F.

Fieryblacks! Ooh, those would have to go home with me too.

#11 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Fieryblacks! Ooh, those would have to go home with me too.

#12 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

I plan/hope on taking a group to the Dan River on Saturday. It used to have the most margined madtoms per square meter that I have ever seen. pretty black-edged fins, some with spots.

Fritz

#13 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

I'm up for a "maybe" right now. It's in my back yard practically so if I can be there I will. I've had some surprise health issues pop up (not the good kind of surprise, obviously) and it's the kind of thing where I should really know what it is I am dealing with before I go traveling and running around in the creekbeds too much.

I'm more likely to be there though than not be there.

#14 Guest_Mysteryman_*

Guest_Mysteryman_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

I wasn't planning on $3/gallon gas, but I do have my vacation set for that week. I've met a lot of you already, and want very much to meet the rest of you, and I haven't slogged through the NC creeks since I was a kid. ( Winston-Salem & Dunn )
Fireyblacks are nice, but I really have my heart set on Crescent Shiners. Some Madtoms might be nice, too. I'm also going to try to bring some of my own local species for you guys who don't get down here much.

#15 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

I wasn't planning on $3/gallon gas...

I understand that one. I am concerned about the budget also. And, I am so busy at work, I need to minimize my use of vacation time until things lighten up or we hire more help here. So I just registered for the weekend collecting trips. Hopefully, there will be some informal opportunities to meet the rest of the attendees. See you there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users