New member from SW Ontario

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nickelnutz_*

Guest_Nickelnutz_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

Just stumbled on this site and it seems to be full of great information. I've kept some smaller tropical fish in the past but I think I'd like to try to get some native fish for my soon to be aquired 55 gallon tank (thinking mainly rock bass and sunfish). I'm very much new to the native fish idea so any help to point me in the right direction is always welcome.

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

And we're glad you're here.

#3 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Welcome to the site. If there are any specific questions, feel free to ask.

#4 Guest_KenBoorman_*

Guest_KenBoorman_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

Just stumbled on this site and it seems to be full of great information. I've kept some smaller tropical fish in the past but I think I'd like to try to get some native fish for my soon to be aquired 55 gallon tank (thinking mainly rock bass and sunfish). I'm very much new to the native fish idea so any help to point me in the right direction is always welcome.

Hi Nickelnutz. Welcome to the forum. I'm in SW Ontario too. I'm in Chatham. Let me know if you're close and would like to go collecting sometime.

Ken

#5 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'm in SW Ontario too. I'm in Chatham.

You Canucks must have different definitions of geographical directions. When I look at a map of Ontario, and see where Chatham is on the map, I would have called that Southeast Ontario. Thunder Bay is my idea of Southwest Ontario.

Directional differences aside, welcome to the forum.

You're actually quite close to Toledo. You should consider attending the trip May 12-13.

#6 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:12 PM

Welcome Nickelnutz. I am sure you will find all you need to know about native fish here, and then some.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users