Photo

TDS meter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

Digital Aid or ATC? Anyone have experience with either? Any preferences? I'm looking at both on Amazon and would like feedback before I purchase.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

#2 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

For fish collecting and keeping, I wouldn't bother with the auto temp compensation.  The difference over the range you'll probably be working (5 to 30 C) isn't enough to be of any real ecological or physiological importance to aquatic critters.  For scientific studies or wastewater treatment testing you'd need it, but not for general fish habitat assessment.

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

I have a Digital Aid tds -ec meter with the hold feature. I use it to keep track of the tds measure in my carnivorous plant trays, and for water temp readings in the field when I'm fishing/collecting. It seems to work well enough for me, but my measurement needs are more ballpark than precision. I find the hold feature way more useful than I had imagined it would be.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 harryknaub

harryknaub
  • NANFA Member

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

Thanks guys, I'm just thinking about it for now. I may wait until after Christmas before I decide if I want to spend the money.

between the Waccamaw and the ocean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users