LMB

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:10 AM

this is my 14"+ largemouth i got at just a few inches big and his 100gallon tank.. the koi is only in there until this weekend.. then i am looking to get some bullhead or bowfin or larger sunfish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Zephead4747_*

Guest_Zephead4747_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

nice tank.... kinda empty though :( They need larger tanks like in the 250+ range as they grow right?

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

nice tank.... kinda empty though :( They need larger tanks like in the 250+ range as they grow right?

Yeah, a medium-sized tank like around 600 gallons would be better, but a 250 would do for small fry. My basement is mostly taken up by my large tank so I haven't really tried to keep LMB in a small tank like a 250 because I don't have a lot of room to experiment with :-(

#4 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:36 AM

im not sure about for adult size as alot of people say they get diffrent sizes in diffrent places and im in washington. i dont know though, i will probably get a custom tank in 6months to a year, a square one instead of rectangle, it would give him alot more room and wouldnt need as many gallons. and also am looking for more fish to stock it. also does anyone know how to sex lmb?

#5 Guest_Zephead4747_*

Guest_Zephead4747_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

I honestly don't know, I do know that females are larger then males. Do tell what kind of tankmakes you're going to have for the LMB.

#6 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

it will be a bullhead and a bowfin.

#7 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

i also switched out the sand for natural looking gravel

#8 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

Wow nice setup, this is one of my dream tanks I wanna setup in the future, keeping a LMB in a big tank like that. But I still haven't got enough space for one yet. Someday...

#9 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:57 PM

well as of today, the koi is finally gone. and 1week from now i will be sending out a money order for my 12inch bowfin! i am still looking for other natives around 12+" of any kind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users