Native Fish Art

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 strat guy

strat guy
  • NANFA Guest
  • Orland Park, IL

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hey guys, I seem to remember a while back someone asking for art contributions? Is this still a thing? I had some surgery done a week ago and I'm looking at about a month off work. So far, Ive spent everyday painting, and NANFA popped into my head. If you guys still need some work done, and know what you want, and how many, I've got the time to do it. 

120 low tech native planted - Blackstriped Topminnow, Central Stoneroller, Fathead minnow, Golden Shiner, Black chin shiner, Carmine Shiner, Emerald Shiner, Sand Shiner, Spotfin Shiner, Orangethroat darter, Johnny Darter, and Banded Darter.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Yes sir it is definitely a thing.  Native fish art always does well in the auction.  If you could do a few of your local fishes or of fishes form the convention site (this year in MO link) I am sure it would be an excellent addition.  Even better if you can come on down in June and bring them yourself... cant be too far for you?

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 strat guy

strat guy
  • NANFA Guest
  • Orland Park, IL

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

Are you referring to an auction at the annual convention? I surely won't be able to make it (four kids, two under 2) this year, but what I was really referring to was, if I remember correctly, either art for the periodical or for a calendar? That's why I was asking about what we were looking for exactly. Not that I'm not up for auctioning off pieces and making some money...

120 low tech native planted - Blackstriped Topminnow, Central Stoneroller, Fathead minnow, Golden Shiner, Black chin shiner, Carmine Shiner, Emerald Shiner, Sand Shiner, Spotfin Shiner, Orangethroat darter, Johnny Darter, and Banded Darter.

#4 strat guy

strat guy
  • NANFA Guest
  • Orland Park, IL

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

I did this one the the other day. My daughter asked me to paint her some carp. I know... I know... they're exotic...Attached File  IMG_1668.JPG   79.24KB   3 downloads

Edited by strat guy, 10 February 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

Are you referring to an auction at the annual convention? I surely won't be able to make it (four kids, two under 2) this year, but what I was really referring to was, if I remember correctly, either art for the periodical or for a calendar? That's why I was asking about what we were looking for exactly. Not that I'm not up for auctioning off pieces and making some money...

Yes, I was talking about the annual convention auction. I was assuming that you were talking about donating the artwork for NANFA to then auction.

Really sorry that you won't make it to the convention, but I totally understand family commitments, and respect you putting them first.

I will let Olaf answer for the other, but I am sure he always wants content.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 strat guy

strat guy
  • NANFA Guest
  • Orland Park, IL

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Gotcha. I'll wait for a response from him! Thanks.

#7 9darlingcalvi

9darlingcalvi
  • NANFA Guest
  • Northern Minnesota

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

How does one draw/get into native fish art?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

How does one draw/get into native fish art?

Look up Joe Tomelleri and Emily Damstra on the internet. And Dave Neely. Then look up Isaac Szabo and Derek Wheaton. Then look up Freshwater Illustrated. These people are all doing great native fish art.

#9 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

We are always open to submissions for publication in American Currents. (No carp, though!) If you do something you'd like us to consider, please share it with me via a message on this site or email (my user name @moxostoma.com). We generally have photos only, but that's just because no one is submitting drawings or paintings. Go for it!
Redhorse ID downloads and more: http://moxostoma.com

#10 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

I've always loved Mark Sussino's and Al Agnew's work as well.  Beautiful stuff.

Kevin Wilson

#11 strat guy

strat guy
  • NANFA Guest
  • Orland Park, IL

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

Awesome Olaf. I'll get some stuff done and send it over to you.

#12 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

Awesome Olaf. I'll get some stuff done and send it over to you.

Yes! Do it!
Redhorse ID downloads and more: http://moxostoma.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users