Photo

Brine shrimp for centrarchid larvae culture?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 truecrimson

truecrimson
  • NANFA Guest
  • Leb-A-non, PA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

That is a shame about the schools and teaching to tests.  My interest in both aquaria and small mammals  originated in elementary school.  One teacher perpetually had rodents in the classroom and had students volunteer to car for them.  Another had tropical fish, and also had students volunteer to care for them.  This was done strictly on their own initiative with no outside assistance.

Not quite the level of project you guys are engaged in, but sufficient to develop our interest.

#22 centrarchid

centrarchid
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Small scale more important than large when kids young.  Best memories I have where with wild type guppies kept by my kindergarten teacher in 1971.

Find ways for people not already interested in natives to value them.

#23 az9

az9
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Electrical issues here not normally a problem here although school with older greenhouses is going to be a problem since no protections.  

That's another reason why I am getting out of it. A lawyer would have ease suing if someone got hurt and all parties would be liable. It just amazed me how two principals took no action when I told them water and electricity don't go together and that combination can kill. Didn't seem to care. If they don't care I don't care to be party to it. 

#24 centrarchid

centrarchid
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

I am going to step in and notify school with outdated electrical and indicate they need to make changes.  I have been working around e- and water with only a few non-lethal incidents so have not problem for self but others not OK by me.

Find ways for people not already interested in natives to value them.

#25 az9

az9
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

I am going to step in and notify school with outdated electrical and indicate they need to make changes.  I have been working around e- and water with only a few non-lethal incidents so have not problem for self but others not OK by me.

A very wise move!  I'm considering leaving some of my equipment but having them sign a waiver that i am not responsible from then on out. Will that work? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users