Photo

SE Wisconsin collecting

5 replies to this topic

#1 TimothyHD

TimothyHD
  • NANFA Guest
  • Menomonee Falls, WI

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

I'm new to the Native Fish side of things and am exploring.  I was excited about the idea of local collecting, but noticed that WI has a lot of rules due to VHS.  Anyone in SE WI have any tips?  I live in Menomonee Falls, just NE of Milwaukee. Thanks.

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:28 AM

Welcome! I'm not familiar with WI legalities but am under the impression they can be stringent. You are wise, and responsible, to ask for clarification; and for that you are to be commended. Hopefully those with more concrete intel will chime in soon, but til then, once again, "Welcome aboard, glad to have ya!"
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

Agree with Matt. And I don't have any experience up there either. But there's lots of information listed out by state in under Regulations & Laws sub-forum
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 sunny17

sunny17
  • NANFA Member

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

Basically, due to VHS rules you cannot remove fish alive and in water from any body of water in Wisconsin.  You can keep native fish in a tank as long as you obtain them from a VHS certified free source and keep the receipt of sale. Definitely good info on Wisconsin regs. in the Regulations and Laws sub-forum!

#5 TimothyHD

TimothyHD
  • NANFA Guest
  • Menomonee Falls, WI

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

I've communicated with the WI DNR fish guy. With a bait dealer permit and a wild harvest application, I will be able to collect from non-VHS infected waters.  Permit app is in the mail!

#6 Rebecca8

Rebecca8
  • NANFA Guest
  • America

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

I also search some useful tips.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users