Photo

Hubbsi outing- Catfish Alliance

8 replies to this topic

#1 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

For those who aren't on my Super-Regional email list, the Hubbsi trip is this coming weekend. Location is near Bastrop in N. Louisiana. I will be arriving Saturday night (work obligations) and collecting/viewing on Sunday.

If you are interested I joining us please email me, my address is in Americam Currents. I will send location details on an individual basis. Note that if you plan to travel on I-20 west, there is an interstate closure over the weekend. You will need to get off at I-55N, travel to 220, take 220 to bypass the closure and get back on 20.

-Martin

Neither Mormon, nor particularly Irate. 

Turning money into noise!

#2 Doug_Dame

Doug_Dame
  • NANFA Member

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

I cannot do, but jealous as all heck !!!!

Take fishy photos, please!

Doug Dame

Floridian now in Cincinnati

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

For those who aren't on my Super-Regional email list, the Hubbsi trip is this coming weekend. Location is near Bastrop in N. Louisiana. I will be arriving Saturday night (work obligations) and collecting/viewing on Sunday.

If you are interested I joining us please email me, my address is in Americam Currents. I will send location details on an individual basis. Note that if you plan to travel on I-20 west, there is an interstate closure over the weekend. You will need to get off at I-55N, travel to 220, take 220 to bypass the closure and get back on 20.

What he said!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

P. hubbsi is relatively unknown even in our little circle.  Very few of us have ever seen this fish...and it is a stunner!  BG Granier and I made a couple of forays to this spot. before he dropped out of the scene.  Part of the bayou here is a cypress swamp, challenging collecting there but I have netted hubbsi in the swamp.  But we hit the jackpot when we spotted a spawning congregation very close to the bank in the bayou proper.  It has been many years since I have been there and I look forward to it.  My photo tank is kaput though :-(  I was hoping Isaac could make the trip.

-Martin

#5 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

Sorry to take so long to update, but the trip was a bust, except Trey netted what looked like a YOY.  The water was way high.  Maybe next year. 

-Martin

#6 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

I thought you were dead.  Remembering that account from years ago.  7 miles as the crow flies or 17 as the creek winds through log jams, swamps and deep, dark infested pools.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#7 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

Heads up, there is interest in trying again Spring 2018. I have a couple of folks who have expressed interest, anyway. I will monitor water levels more carefully this time. Tje site is camping friendly, except it is adjacent to a hunting club.

-Martin

#8 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Board of Directors
  • Ohio

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Sleep sound and wake live. Hopefully?

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#9 Akpinion

Akpinion