StreamBuild Aquascape

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kazonak

Kazonak
  • NANFA Guest
  • College: Chattanooga TN | Home: Berrien Springs, MI

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Ok, so I've had a lot of fun caring for and setting up this tank. I've only had this one going for a few weeks, but everything seems to be going fine. The fish are still a bit skittish, but that's to be expected, they came from a very narrow creek that had dug 1-2 feet into the banks on either side, making the stream both, wider and more hidden, lol. The rocks I picked up from near the St. Joseph river in MI, and all the fish are local.

Species: Blacknose Dace, Central Mud Minnow (I'm assuming), and some kind of darter. I don't have my books with me so, I've kinda slacked off in ID-ing them until it comes in. Eventually, I'm hoping to replace the dace with some shiners (like some spotfin shiners and/or some blackchin shiners). In addition, add some rainbow darters, which were the darters I originally wanted to catch anyway although these are nice too!

The plants are currently just Ludwigia Repens, although I plan to introduce dwarf baby tears once I get the proper lighting!

untitled_by_kazonak-dba3uda.jpg

untitled_by_kazonak-dba3uas.jpg

untitled_by_kazonak-dba3uec.jpg

I didn't realize before I caught them that central mud minnows were the cutest thing on earth

untitled_by_kazonak-dba3ujs.jpg

untitled_by_kazonak-dba3um0.jpg

Also, Sorry that I couldn't get a video!! I have some great footage bit It's BIG. 12 good minutes of full 1080p. lol, and a 40 sec clip. The first is almost 4.73gb, and the second is 328.5mb... I'll get them up later somehow!

#2 MtFallsTodd

MtFallsTodd
  • NANFA Member
  • Mountain Falls, Virginia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Nice!!!
Deep in the hills of Great North Mountain

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:52 AM

Very pretty.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

Nice tank and cool critters!!!

Kevin Wilson

#5 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

The darter looks like a Johnny.  Please be careful about taking fish that you can't field-ID. 

Don't take them home if there's any possibility of federal or state listed protected species in that area. 

Learn which protected (or regulated) species could be present in a watershed before you go!

Exotic invasive species may also have rules about no-live-transport.

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#6 damias

damias
  • NANFA Guest
  • Charlotte/Raleigh, NC

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Awesome tank!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users