Photo

New to the forum

4 replies to this topic

#1 boate1997

boate1997
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

I live in California. The unfun native keepers state. It is hard to get curtains fish that i would love to own but are illegal here. My loophole is US native livebearers and i hope to get some more fish as the only natives i have are western mosquito fish.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#2 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

I'm from NY another unfun native keepers state. At least we have nearby (relatively) states that have non NY natives.

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:32 AM

Welcome, Boate!

Glad to have ya here. Hopefully you can do a little vicarious living through us. If you can keep live bearers legally, several populations of Sailfin Mollies are fantastic. Much more impressive than the commercially available ones, imo.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 boate1997

boate1997
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Welcome, Boate!

Glad to have ya here. Hopefully you can do a little vicarious living through us. If you can keep live bearers legally, several populations of Sailfin Mollies are fantastic. Much more impressive than the commercially available ones, imo.

Yeah i have some mosquito fish thats my only native fish. I would like to get some madtoms for my catfish community i am building but $12 per going to be ruff.

#5 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

Yeah i have some mosquito fish thats my only native fish. I would like to get some madtoms for my catfish community i am building but $12 per going to be ruff.

AWW. Long lived and generally hardy. Pull the trigger.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users