FishMap.org open for submissions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rc6750

rc6750
  • NANFA Member
  • Tampa Bay, FL

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

I have pushed the code live that allows users to submit collection data for back end verification. So far I have Brian Z., Dustin, Matt K., Ben C. and Gerald as verification experts. Please report any and all issues you guys come across.

thanks!

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

So excited forthis. Thanks for all the time and effort put into this, Ryan.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

This is an amazing development. I just added one recent fish for the fun of it and to see how hard it would be. Insanely simple and user friendly. I hope everyone will take advantage of this.

Redhorse ID downloads and more: http://moxostoma.com

#4 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • The Ozarks

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Awesome, looks good! Thanks Ryan (and others involved)!

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hey Ryan, just a quick question about the entry form.  When I go out, I tend to keep a list of everything we caught at a particular site.  We often have a dozen or so species from any specific location.  How do I enter those?  Do I have to do it one at a time?  Or can I enter multiple species on the first line and then fill in the location information?  Maybe a silly question, but thought I would ask before I jumped in a made a crazy entry.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 rc6750

rc6750
  • NANFA Member
  • Tampa Bay, FL

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hey Ryan, just a quick question about the entry form.  When I go out, I tend to keep a list of everything we caught at a particular site.  We often have a dozen or so species from any specific location.  How do I enter those?  Do I have to do it one at a time?  Or can I enter multiple species on the first line and then fill in the location information?  Maybe a silly question, but thought I would ask before I jumped in a made a crazy entry.

Hey Michael - good question - currently you can only enter one at a time - I am sure I can modify the form to select multiple species for one location - I will put it on my development task list. For now you can only enter one species at a time.

#7 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Board of Directors
  • Ohio

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Think that is a good question, but often that list has all of the usual suspects, and just a surprise or two. The surprises are the particularly important ones right?

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#8 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

No. We are not trying to do a rare fish index. Fish communities are interesting what mix can indicate habitat quality. I like know who is who's neighbor.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#9 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Board of Directors
  • Ohio

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Just assumed that if I go to spot that is very near or on top of another fishmap site that I might not mess with entering everything that has been found there before. Rather I would submit the ones missing. But you are right. This can go beyond a fishmap, also show trends to those whom might want to delve into it. Can be an even better scientific tool.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

Oh I see what your saying too now. I was just assuming that I might be adding data for new locations cause there might not be so many in Georgia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users