Photo

TNACI

2 replies to this topic

#1 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

TNACI   Tennessee Aquarium Conservation Institute

41-Tour.JPG

Members of the South Chickamauga Creek Greenway Alliance toured the new TNACI Facility overlooking the mighty Tennessee River.

42-ConferenceRoom.JPG

What a nice conference room!  Maybe one day NANFans will be sitting around this Poplar table.  The table is made from our state tree and is nearly state shaped.  What a wonderful view.

43-Swim.JPG

And looking out what did we see... A flotilla assisting the German's swimming of the entire length on the Tennessee River.

44-Wall.JPG

Metal Fishes.

45-Dace.JPG

Laurel Dace have no where else to swim during the drought like we had here in 2016.  Rescues from the Cumberland Plateau.

46-Bloodworms.JPG

Bloodworms feeding the Wolf River youngsters.  They will get a bit bigger before they swim free in the Tennessee River.

47-Rain.JPG

This is an interesting component of the rain water catch system.  I heard talk of fish swimming.  Beautiful plantings surround.  In a couple years it will be lush with our native plants.  

48-BeerCan.JPG
Note the rain water tank has a mega bottle cap access.  

And so ends Saturday's tour.  Off to Mojo's for one dollar tacos.  

The SFC 2017 Southeastern Fishes Council Meeting will be held in Chattanooga this November.  I understand part on the meeting's agenda will be to offer a visit to the new TNACI Facility along with the Tennessee Aquarium.  After the meeting, ( is it Saturday? ) some attendees will be seining South Chickamauga Creek a couple miles upstream of my home, a great old mill site.  Good time to visit Chattanooga.  TNACI had a nice tank featuring the Fishes of South Chickamauga Creek displayed in the lobby.  Warpaints, Scarlets, Greensides, Hogsuckers were a few i saw swimming but there be a whole lot more to see in the creek.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

Neat stuff. Really pretty, and all those cute little worm-suckers is an encouraging sight.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Oh, Wow, Michael (Moon) would dig that sturgeon filled tank for sure. Looks like they are doing a great job striving towards water conservation via rainwater collection.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users