Photo

Native Fish Original Artwork

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hey everyone, my wife Lauren has completed setup on her online store for selling some of her artwork. She has a few pieces she wanted to offer up to NANFA peeps at a reduced cost first before offering them elsewhere. These are similar to the pieces she did for this year's auction and for Issac. They are also the paintings that her stickers were based off of. She also wanted me to pass on to everyone that she is also doing custom species to order should anyone like the art but want their favorite fish instead. Here's what she has to say about the pieces...

Would you mind please forwarding this info to the NANFA members?

I would like to offer these two original Darter paintings to the NANFA members before I post them on my Etsy account.

The dimensions of the wood paintings are as listed:

Splendid Darter:11.25" long x 7" tall x 0.5" thick

Redline Darter: 11.75" long x 7.25" tall x 0.25" thick

I am asking $65 each, plus shipping.

I would also love to do custom orders! Pricing for commissioned pieces of similar size and complexity start at $75. Please email me directly (watergirlcreations@gmail.com), and provide pictures if possible.

Here is a link to the fish stickers I listed on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com..._home_active_37

SplendidDarter.jpg

RedlineDarter.jpg

As a reference for anyone interested in custom species, here is a picture of the longear sunfish she did for Issac...

Lauren+Longear.jpg

FishGuyJosh

#2 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

Think you meant redfin darter on the 2nd one

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#3 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

I second that ;)

But really, those are amazing pieces of art. Very impressive.
Nick L.

#4 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

Awesome work, Lauren!

I think the second darter is an orangebelly darter. 

#5 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

Yes, I believe that should, in fact, have been "redfin darter." She did do an orange belly, but that one was sold at the auction.

Although I had a good laugh when I asked her if that was right. She said "well just fix it, or take off redline and just say darter!" Those of you who have spent any time with her during conventions will know that was EXACTLY the response I would expect. Lol!

FishGuyJosh

#6 Evan P

Evan P
  • NANFA Guest
  • Knoxville, TN

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

These are awesome! I may well have to commission something in the future.

3,000-4,000 Gallon Pond Full of all sorts of spawning fishes! http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php/topic/13811-3560-gallon-native-fish-pond/page-3 

#7 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

I think I just found something to put on my Christmas list! That is some really fantastic work, Lauren!

And now to really geek this up; if one was to want a painting done of a fish on wood gathered at a site the fish are native to, is that possible? What types of wood are suitable? Are those cypress and cedar in the pics? How do they need to be cut? Do you do the sanding, et cetera, Lauren, or do you get your wood "pre-did"? :)

Jeepers, between all our photographers, wood workers, painters, and metal workers I could spend a small fortune compiling fishtastic art collection here at NANFA!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#8 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

She would likely be fine with you send a piece of wood for a location, but I would just email her address int eh post and get the details. She just got an order for her first shiner species. I'll definitely post it when it's done.

FishGuyJosh

#9 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Very cool.Convention hosts are always looking for someone interested in doing artwork for shirts. Just mentioning, maybe hinting. I envy those with artistic talent. I am pretty good at stick figures, and can sort of whistle. Wow, I could do reproduction cave paintings!

The member formerly known as Skipjack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users