Photo

TN River Rescue 2017

No replies to this topic

#1 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

For the last several years i have been involved with the cleanup of the Tennessee River and its various tribs.  This year is the 29th overall for this organization's efforts, first created by earth and water lovers in that other century.  I first met the group as i was making signs and banners for them.

There are about 25 sites to pick from and though three are on South Chickamauga Creek near my home, last year i worked the other side of the Tennessee River on North Chickamauga Creek.

The cleanup will occur on Saturday, October the 7th and run from 9 am til 1 pm.  Only 4 hours to get covered in muck and mud.  But we can do as we wish, maybe best to return Sunday for clearer water weather permitting.

Last year on the following day l i snorkeled the fairly clear water and found lots of partially buried trash, bottles and relics.  It would be fun to have a snorkel team slowly working our way upstream and putting the trash in mesh bags we are dragging behind us.

Are there any willing Snorkeling Trash Mongers amongst us?

I will treat everyone to a BBQ dinner and a place to stay overnight Saturday.  It should be a good bit of fun.

14-TRR-NCC-Casper.JPG

18-TRR-NCC-CryBabyFish.JPG

19-TeaTime.JPG

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users