• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jradtke

jradtke
  • NANFA Guest
  • Michigan

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Hey all, first time posting here. 

Looking into getting a 130 gallon for my second tank (first being a 30 gallon south american). I am leaning towards pumpkinseeds as the main fish and was wondering what other fish would be good in the tank and how many sunfish would be good in there with an FX6 for filtration. I'm in the Detroit area and would like to get the fish at least somewhere in Michigan. I'd prefer fish that will take dry food because I'm out of town many weekends and would like to use an auto feeder, even though id love some small bass in there. I've read this forum for a while and know you guys have some good ideas so let me know what you think with stocking, filtration or setup.

Thanks

#2 4WheelVFR

4WheelVFR
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:12 AM

What are the dimensions of the tank?  72"?  I think a group of pumpkinseeds along with a yellow/black bullhead would work.  You could do creek chubs or golden shiners as a dither fish, although depending on size they may get eaten.  A green sunfish "might" work with that group, although they can get pretty big and aggressive.  A warmouth might be a neat sunfish to add to the group as well.  They tend to keep to themselves and aren't as aggressive as some other lepomis, in my experience at least.

#3 jradtke

jradtke
  • NANFA Guest
  • Michigan

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

It's 72" x 18" x 22". Also what is a good temp to keep the tank at? It's going in my basement which gets pretty cold in the winter.

#4 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

Ambient year round is fine.

Nick L.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users