Photo

American currents.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:43 AM

I tried to message Tom Watson on this as I think he handles members and subscriptions, but NANFA forum messaging cannot find him as a member. 

I renewed my membership shortly after getting my new job during the summer, but I have not seen an AC issue since the spring Amazon River special. Is one due to ship to me soon?

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Tom is here on the forum as "OneFish" but he is not on all that frequently. His email is in your last AC.

And I just got mine yesterday, so yours might still be in the mail.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

The mail has been exceptionally slow this time. I just got mine Thursday

#4 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

The mail has been exceptionally slow this time. I just got mine Thursday

Was their an issue between the amazon one and the new one

#5 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Still no for me and often i am one of the first.

I'm looking forward to another great issue.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#6 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

Was their an issue between the amazon one and the new one

American Currents 42(2) was the Spring 2017 edition and it included several Amazon related articles.  The Summer 2017 edition, 42(3), is the current issue that should be arriving at any time.  Just a reminder that all members have access to the digital versions in the "Members Only Access" section of this forum - the 42(3) issue will likely be posted soon.  There are several interesting articles in the latest version including one on seining and another on breeding darters.

#7 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Got mine today. I was under the assumption this issue was going to have a MO report.  Nonetheless it is impressive.  I read Lance's account and enjoyed his beautiful photos. Certainly a sweet spot long overdue for a return.

Thanks to all the contributors and Olaf's excellent graphic skills to make it so dang pretty.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#8 FirstChAoS

FirstChAoS
  • Regional Rep

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

I got it today too. I flipped through it but have yet to read it.

I saw their was an article on breeding fantail darters.

(I wish I could do that, but with my banded killifish it would just read "the fish do all the work themselves, algea infestations help, they get extra worked up if they can see you but you are not at the tank itself" and my longnose dace breeding article would just say "Have a heater in your room fail for two weeks in February. Then get surprised by young fish in summer").

#9 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

I got mine.  The article by Lance Merry was particularly refreshing because of the quality of the writing, something I don't see much here.  Not much info on the Trace itself, but still a superior article.  Well Done, Lance! 

There is a free campsite at Rocky Springs situated just across from Little Sand Creek.  I have camped there and I recommend it.  Also good fish nearby!

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#10 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

I'm a fan of Page 4.

There is a lot i like, love and admire on that particular page.

Edited by Casper, 29 September 2017 - 11:27 AM.

Casper Cox

#11 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Is Cerulean one of those supermodels?

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

#12 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

The MO convention will be in the next issue and Olaf should be doing the layout soon.

#13 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

This current issue is now posted hereon the forum for NANFA members.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users