Photo

new member from Georgia

7 replies to this topic

#1 DanielFolds

DanielFolds
  • NANFA Guest
  • Georgia, Chattahoochee Drainage

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

Hey I'm new from Georgia. It would be nice to maybe connect and collect with people from Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and North Carolina, perhaps from South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Virginia too sometimes as I do not know many places to look at

#2 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

Michael Wolfe is your guy. He will be along shortly. You are also in luck, the 2018 convention is in Georgia.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

Welcome, and ditto what Matt D. said. There are also some characters worthy of spending time with in those other states, too.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

Hey I'm new from Georgia. It would be nice to maybe connect and collect with people from Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and North Carolina, perhaps from South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Virginia too sometimes as I do not know many places to look at

Welcome Daniel.  I am your Georgia Region Rep and I am sure that I can help you.  I maintain an informal mailing list and can add you to that.  We get out every once and a while, and I am sure that we can connect you.  Now to be honest, we dont do as much around the holidays so it may be a little while until I schedule something.

Not trying to be stalky or anything, but let me know in general where you live in GA... we are a big state... notice how some of us list our location by watershed... it helps in lots of ways.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#5 DanielFolds

DanielFolds
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

sweet thanks

#6 DanielFolds

DanielFolds
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

I'm familiar with the Tallapoosa watershed where my parents live in Alabama. I'm actually visiting there this weekend and will survey since it will be my last chance to looks at the creeks in that location as they are moving north to the Little Tallapoosa watershed. I now live in Douglas County, 30 min west of Atlanta, Chattahoochee watershed. Seems to be only one darter species here, which is a bummer, but I do look forward to finding the Chattahoochee Sculpin (Cottus chattahoochee) and Chattahoochee Crayfish (Cambarus howardi). No luck yet, but I believe I was able to find some Highscale Shiners (Notropis hypsilepis) so that was nice. I'm also wanting to go down to Heard County sometime to find a Chattahoochee Bass (Micropterus chattahoochae). Ahh so many biodiversity treasures here in the state like the Coosawattee, Conasauga, and Etowah

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

Nice, so you are not too far from Atlanta to join us on some of our trips around the area. the Chatt Scuplin are very nice looking fish.  I'm personally anti-crayfish, but that is just me.  I'm pretty sure you are right about Blackbanded Darters being all you are likely to see in the Chattahoochee.  But you have other options not too far off.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#8 don212

don212
  • NANFA Member

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

welcome, i,m down in central fl. near the rainbow river, always happy to show off our beautiful springs

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users