Photo

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew care guidlines for Common Logperch.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Colorful0Giraffe

Colorful0Giraffe
  • NANFA Guest
  • TN

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

I currently live in Tennessee so it is illegal to catch and keep native fish here. But, I may move to Missouri eventually. I have caught Common Logperch Microfishing before and they just seemed like interesting fish. So Ill finally get to the point what are the care guidlines regarding the tank size? I have noticed they are kind of large and I am not sure I could afford or find space for a very large tank. Also are they much pickier than regular darters? No rush on the reply I still have several months. I appreciate any infromation you can give me. Thanks
Colorful Giraffe

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

I have kept a couple in a mixed tank 75 gallon. They are not picky eaters really. Frozen foods are taken easily.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Colorful0Giraffe

Colorful0Giraffe
  • NANFA Guest
  • TN

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

K thx for the help Michael.

#4 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

I agree, lots of frozen foods or better yet live. General darter care really. Darters are very visual feeders. Get food that looks like food down to them. You'll be fine with logperch.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#5 Colorful0Giraffe

Colorful0Giraffe
  • NANFA Guest
  • TN

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the info Matt.

#6 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Where are colorful giraffes in Tennessee?  I get to see plain elephants over in Holenwald.  Redhorses are in my backyard.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#7 Colorful0Giraffe

Colorful0Giraffe
  • NANFA Guest
  • TN

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Casper, I am not suprised you have not heard of the Giraffe family we come from afar. Though unlikley, if you ever see a Giraffe with interesting personality be assured that is I, Colorful Giraffe.

#8 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

Do they ever wander down to Chattanooga?

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#9 Colorful0Giraffe

Colorful0Giraffe
  • NANFA Guest
  • TN

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Yes I come over to Chattanooga occasionally to visit the aquarium.

Edited by Colorful0Giraffe, 22 November 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#10 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

Let me know when. That is my hometown.

Casper Cox

#11 Colorful0Giraffe

Colorful0Giraffe
  • NANFA Guest
  • TN

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

K will do Casper. I am afraid it will be at little while before I visit Chattanooga again, I have already committed to some other vacations. So it will probably be a couple years before I visit again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users