I figured I would chronicle my tank renovation during the slower months and give a little reading (with pictures) during these slower months on the forum. I've referenced this tank over the years which used to be a stream tank. It was not drilled at the time. It ran off of a FX6, and also an external Iwaki pump. Well I needed to move this tank out of the living room to give frolicking children more room to play. So I gave away all the fish and now I'm starting over.
Since I'm now banished to the back room, in a dark corner of the basement, I'm taking my time and doing it right. The tank dimensions are 72" x 18" x 27". It weighs over 300 lbs dry and will rest directly on the concrete slab. The first step was to use a diamond hole saw to make holes for the overflows (2) and supply line.
1.jpg 124.83KB 1 downloads
The first picture shows the two, 1.5" bulkheads. Each has a male adapter added so I can use slip fittings the rest of the way.
2.jpg 135.68KB 1 downloads
Closer view, different angle.
3.jpg 135.01KB 1 downloads
This picture shows the 3/4" bulkhead that will support the supply line coming from the Iwaki pump. Inside the tank I will make a spray bar.