Photo

New, Must-Have Florida Fishes-of Book

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 itsme

itsme
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

Must-have fish book now available for preorder with significant discount -- $45.00 for a $60.00 book! 

FISHES IN THE FRESH WATERS OF FLORIDA: 
AN IDENTIFICATION GUIDE AND ATLAS by
ROBERT H. ROBINS, LAWRENCE M. PAGE, JAMES D. WILLIAMS, ZACHARY S. RANDALL, AND GRIFFIN E. SHEEHY

At 488 pages, 7"x10", this should be a beauty! Save this discount code, AU318 and enter it in the box after you add the book to your cart. Here's the ordering link:

http://upf.com/book....d=9781683400332

I have no interest in this other than I want this book! Just ordered mine! Posting as a public service. I'm just that kind of guy 1f642.png  Thanks, Gerald Pottern, for the tip!  This is why NANFA is great!

#2 michifish

michifish
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

Just ordered mine.

#3 Doug_Dame

Doug_Dame
  • NANFA Member

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:58 PM

Mine arrived today.

I'm already 20 pages in, and ready to start jumping around to check out what they say about my favorites.

Uland Thomas makes an appearance in the acknowledgements. 

So far I am pretty sure it's the best book specifically on Florida fish that I have ever owned. 

Doug Dame

Floridian now back in Florida

#4 rc6750

rc6750
  • NANFA Member
  • Tampa Bay, FL

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

Mine arrived today.

I'm already 20 pages in, and ready to start jumping around to check out what they say about my favorites.

Uland Thomas makes an appearance in the acknowledgements. 

So far I am pretty sure it's the best book specifically on Florida fish that I have ever owned. 

Haha what? I thought the release date was April 10th?? I preordered this a long time ago.

#5 Mike

Mike
  • Regional Rep
  • Indiana

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

It is a very nice book, mine arrived today.

I highly recommend it.

Mike Berg
Northwest Indiana

#6 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

As I have started reading this book I am finding it interesting to compare the information back to other Florida freshwater fishes books from the 1950's (Carr & Goin), 60's (Allyn), and 70's (Stevenson), as well as more current options.

#7 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Not sure how long the above discount lasts, couldn't "Get there from here", but if it has expired the discount is also available through Desert Fishes Council's listserve. https://www.desertfishes.org/Discount is the same as the OP's.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users