Any collecting tips (northeast PA)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mshi_*

Guest_mshi_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

I am new to collecting. There are an abundance of streams in this area (Poconos) and was am looking for tips on were to look (Areas of streams) and collection methods (1 man) for darters and madtoms.

#2 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

Where in northeastern PA are you? (Update your profile with your location information.) I will be in northeastern PA (Sayre Borough, Bradford County) on business sometime in the next few weeks. A colleague of mine went there today, took his fishing gear, says he's spending his evenings bass fishing in the Susquehanna River. When I'm there, I intend to spend my evenings collecting. If you're anywhere near Sayre, perhaps we can meet up and spend an evening or two sampling local streams.

#3 Guest_mshi_*

Guest_mshi_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

Where in northeastern PA are you? (Update your profile with your location information.) I will be in northeastern PA (Sayre Borough, Bradford County) on business sometime in the next few weeks. A colleague of mine went there today, took his fishing gear, says he's spending his evenings bass fishing in the Susquehanna River. When I'm there, I intend to spend my evenings collecting. If you're anywhere near Sayre, perhaps we can meet up and spend an evening or two sampling local streams.

I am in the Poconos in the Blakeslee area (Near the Pocono Raceway if that helps) in Monroe County

#4 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

Okay, according to MSN Maps and Directions, that is a 2-hour trip from Sayre to Blakeslee. That's not practical for some after-work collecting, unless you want to come towards Sayre or meet in the middle.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users