What is this fish?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gavin Chalmers

Gavin Chalmers
  • NANFA Guest
  • Northwest Arkansas

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

I caught these fish in a small stream behind my house and was just wondering what they are. Thanks

#2 MtFallsTodd

MtFallsTodd
  • NANFA Member
  • Mountain Falls, Virginia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

Can't see anything!!!
Deep in the hills of Great North Mountain

#3 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

Photo is missing.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#4 JasonL

JasonL
  • NANFA Member
  • Kentucky

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

I'll play the odds pre photo and guess creek chub.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Gavin, I am going to lock this thread down.  Per the forum rules, we do not accept or allow identification requests from photos in a home aquarium.  It is very important to know what you have before you take it home.  Not only is this good practice for keeping the fish alive and well taken care of, but it is also important form a legal standpoint.  We certainly want all our members (and everyone else too, since many here are not members) to follow all of the appropriate state and federal regulations.  But we also do not want to be the location whereby you incriminate yourself for taking a federal or state listed species.

In the future, please make sure that you can identify any fish before you bring it home.  You have a lot of wonderful stuff out there in Arkansas, but there are some protected species that you can run into, so be careful and be aware.  If you are not comfortable with IDs yet, think about getting a photo tank of some sort and getting a picture stream side and then put the fish back until you can learn more about it.  We have a lot of people here that would love to help you ID species.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users