Photo

Ben Cantrell- Calling you out.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

:biggrin: So, Ben, "the best darn darter fisherman on Earth", another member brought this up to me and I really liked the idea. We have bits and pieces of your growing life list, but not a dedicated thread. Would you do us the honor of sharing it, and giving us the rundown and highlights. I am sure that there are some non native fishes in there, and some that though not native here, were native where your feet were wet. Please include them  as well for the sake of hmm? Posterity or accuracy of timeline? Hope this is not asking too much Ben, considering the magnitude of this legendary list. :biggrin: Thanks for being a good sport(sman), Ben.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#2 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

I like this idea. O:)

FishGuyJosh

#3 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Dang, I must have hit page down 20 times!  That's quite a list!

Kevin Wilson

#4 JasonL

JasonL
  • NANFA Member
  • Kentucky

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

For those who haven't seen it, I would check out Ben's blog. Lots of cool stuff in there.

555+ different species caught by hook and line has to be a very exclusive club. Very impressive.

#5 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

For those who haven't seen it, I would check out Ben's blog. Lots of cool stuff in there.

555+ different species caught by hook and line has to be a very exclusive club. Very impressive.

+1
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#6 Michmass

Michmass
  • NANFA Guest
  • Grass Lake MI

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:09 AM

Wow! That's an incredible accomplishment.  I'm very impressed by the 7 gill.

Truths are mutable, facts are not.  Unless of course we're talking about the definition of mutable, then the fact is in fact mutable.

#7 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

Wow! That's an incredible accomplishment.  I'm very impressed by the 7 gill.

Exactly! Ben has really accomplished something here. Many seem  to be getting into lifelisting, but Ben was early and prolific.

#8 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

Ben, are you going to Jackson?  If so I would like to add you to my growing stable of microfishers I have on retainer.  Darters are only legal by hook and line in MS, so I'm stocking up on talent to assure I have some new benthic friends to take home at convention's end. 

Pay is exceptional*, and the benefits are attractive.**

*If I pay you anything, that would be an exception to my cheap nature

**Unlike anybody not fishing for me, I won't ruin your native-cred by trying to hang out with you.  Just hook me up with the fish and I'll go my nerdy way! 

Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#9 lilyea

lilyea
  • NANFA Member
  • Peace River Watershed, Central Florida, USA

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Exactly! Ben has really accomplished something here. Many seem  to be getting into lifelisting, but Ben was early and prolific.

. . . and continues to be prolific!  He is up to at least 620 now with his recent global travels!

#10 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

. . . and continues to be prolific!  He is up to at least 620 now with his recent global travels!

Awesome! I am proud of him. I can't explain why, but member accomplishments seem to reflect on us all.

#11 PBK

PBK
  • NANFA Guest
  • Ohio

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:04 PM

Ben, Off topic: are you and Roxie still together?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users